Champlain Opportunité - Diversified European fund
Find balance between caution and performance
Past performances should not be seen as a guide to future performances.
ISIN Code : FR0010271619
Information to download
Simplified Prospectus : Champlain Opportunité
Monthly management report: : April 2012
Disclaim : This English translation is for the convenience of English-speaking readers. However, only the French text has any legal value. Consequently, the translation may not be relied upon to sustain any legal claim, nor should it be used as the basis of any legal opinion. Euronext Paris SA expressly disclaims all liability for any inaccuracy herein.
The stability and growth of 1990s led many to believe that the global political, geopolitical and economical environment would continue to flourish indefinitely. It is now clear however, that many factors continue to contribute to instability.
Some of the most important of these factors include:
The North-South gap or the “Clash of Civilizations”, which generates tensions, conflict, protectionism and terrorism.
Global growth strongly dependant on Asian countries which are still on the path to political and economic stability.
The major structural imbalances being experienced by the world’s leading power.
A global growth rate which is difficult to maintain over the long term due to environmental, population and health factors.
Continuing increases in the price of raw materials (zinc, copper, steel, rubber)
Faced with these uncertainties, we would like to reaffirm the value of our asset management strategy which is based on prudent asset allocation
- Maximum protection of the capital invested.
- To achieve an annual performance not less than 7%, regardless of the economic conditions, while maintaining a very low volatility rate (between 5% and 6%).
- Targets based on prudence: defensive funds with a share exposure ranging between 30% and 50%.
- Focus on our convictions: Performance Avenir, Performance Environnement and Performance Vitae
- Asset Allocation: the greater part of the portfolio is secured and is therefore less exposed to the structural and cyclical fluctuations of the market.
- Freedom of management: Champlain Opportunité is an opportunistic fund. The management team is therefore able to make such trade-offs as seem appropriate between geographical sectors or types of shares, depending on market trends.
- International diversification: This amounts to around 15% and includes Japan, the United States and Canada. Champlain is not subject to any geographical constraints, unlike funds eligible for PEA.
- AVT : software, France
- ABC ARBITRAGE: financial, France
- TTI : software, France
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantage: This mixed fund is intended to diversify risk through share exposure between 25% and 50% made up of the main management convictions.
Disadvantage: Owing to its significant mean values component, liquidity is more limited and performance trends can diverge quite tangibly from those of the major indexes.